Friday, May 15, 2009

Oats, Peas, Beans and Barley Grow.........

So I actually get to check something off my "To Do" list. I love it when that happens!! John and I planted our veggies the other day. We planted tomatoes, zucchini, squash, green pepper, chili peppers, edamame, cucumber, and a bunch of herbs. The herbs are looking a little traumatized but other than that everything seems to be doing okay. The trick is now teaching Agent (John's golden retriever) not to go sniffing around the delicate little plants too much. Thank goodness Maylene (my pup) isn't living with us yet! The garden stands a chance with Agent but Maylene thinks she's Queen Bee and rules don't apply to her. I'm about to head back to John's for more yard work aka fun in the sun. I'm just so glad to finally be outside and out of the classroom/lab/library that I could careless what kind of "work" we're doing. Oh yeah! We started a big experimental project yesterday that we're super excited about... concrete countertops! After much debate about a kitchen island (should we have one? should we buy one? build one? how?) we've decided to try to build our own. The base will be made out of wood and the top will be made (if all goes well) out of concrete. So yesterday we began making a small section that we'll definitely use if it turns out right but if not then it's not the end of the world.... just a couple bucks (literally) down the drain. We may have to tweak our method a few times to get it right (or scratch the idea all together). BUT if we can pull it off it should look pretty aaaaamazing! We're taking plenty of pictures along the way but I'll wait till the whole thing is said and done to reveal those. That's it for now!

P.S. My computer is being sooooo slooooow at the moment so I'll post garden pics later.

No comments:

Post a Comment