Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Today I Wore My Husbands Scrubs to School. F.

Just sitting there in class, minding my own business, listening to a lecture on nerve damage... I look down at the pen occupying the pockets in my scrub top and what do I see neatly embroidered above it... John Reynolds Dentistry Class of 2012. Bummer. I guess in the hurry of the morning I grabbed the wrong pair. It was bound to happen at some point. We each have 5 pairs of scrubs that are the exact same color (just different sizes... and with different names obviously). Every single day we were the exact same thing. After I get through these 4 years I swear you'll never catch me in "Hunter Green" (which is really much more of a kelly green) again.

Us

Anywhooo...

School as always has been kicking my behind lately. I wish I could come up with some clever way to blog about it without violating any kind of patient/doctor confidentiality. Because truth be told... as much as I love writing about my life outside of school it's the life inside of school that really "inspires" me lately. Inspires = fills-me-with-the-urge-to-write-big-long-(sometimes optimistic but often just bitchy)-posts. I wish I could just give all my patient fictitious names like Princess Buttercup or Cruella De Vil (guess which one I like better) and then blog about the trials they put me through. Not that any of this would be the least bit interesting to anyone besides a fellow dental student... but at least I could come away from the keyboard feeling at least a little bit lighter. Carrying the weight of all these experiences can feel so exhausting! Most of the time I make John listen to my rants but I know that's not always fair. He has to go through his whole day, dealing with all kinds of difficult situations that are no different than mine... but then he has to hear about all the stuff I had to deal with. By the time I finally get around to asking him about his day he usually responds with something like "it was fine" or "eh, nothing special". I know he has more to say.

So you see... I need to find away to blog about my life which includes a new marriage, an old house, 2 crazy dogs and DENTAL SCHOOL. Did you watch The Bachelor last night?? If you did then you have an idea of what I'm talking about. Ashley H. and Brad couldn't even make it work because he didn't see how their lives would fit together... because her life is so dictated by DENTAL SCHOOL. Which reminds me- they need to stop saying she's a Dentist. She's a student and the difference between the two is H.U.G.E.

I need to be in clinic in 3 minutes. My time here is up. Who knows what is in store for me this time...

k.bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment